Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Green Day Had it Right

Wake me up when September ends. Please. I can’t take any more of this losing to the Dodgers and then beating St. Louis and then having to watch Milwaukee cream Pittsburg. I mean, a person can only take so much. You might be saying, “That’s the best part of the sport; the upsets, the surprises.” Well, you are obviously not a Cubs fan. We’ve seen this happen all too often. We’re up, we’re up, and then we’re down and out. It’s not that I don’t have faith because I do. I wake up in the morning and look towards Chicago and think to myself how 2007 is our year. The year of the Cubbies.

We still have a long way to go until October and the big show. But as of right now, we’re .5 games behind the Brewers and my heart is racing. We’ve spent the last 24 of the past 25 days in first place. I can’t help but to think what would happen if we would lose this thing now. We need to beat Houston, we need the Brewers to fall off the face of the earth, and we need Cincinnati to keep up the good work.

We’re going to play 16 of our final 19 games against NL Central teams and I can’t decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. All I know is that the rest of September better be good to us Cubs fans. I don’t know if we can take any more of this up and down thing.

But at least we’re not the Cardinals who have lost their past five games. Too bad, boys.

1 comment:

footballer21 said...

i totally agree with everything in there, being a Cubs fan myself. Let's hope to god they pull it thru.