Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Three Teams. Two Losses. One Sad Girl.

The last couple of days have been, well, intense. I have been laying in my bed, stuffing my face with Oatmeal Cream Pies, watching Jerry Springer, and wondering if anything in my life matters any more. Don't judge me. You would be doing the same thing if 2 out of your 3 teams lost this past week. The Cubs didn't just lose, they are now done for the year. Purdue didn't just lose, they practically got ran over by Ohio State. Luckily, the Colts pulled through (as usual) and kept me from doing something terrible like breaking up with my boyfriend or kicking my dog.

The Cubs lost the series to Arizona in just three games, none of which were close nail biters. I was mad. I am mad. But then I think to myself about how the Cubs started off slow and how they picked up the pace and started winning. Then, to everyone's surprise, how they actually made it to the playoffs. So they didn't make it any further than three games into the first series, but how many teams didn't even make it that far? I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I'm not upset the Cubs aren't playing anymore this season, but I'm also going to say that they had a good year.

I love the Cubs and I love Purdue. And my love isn't something that can just evaporate. I'm in it for the long haul. Next season, the Cubs are going to remember how it feels to be a winning team who made it into the playoffs. They are not going to disappoint. I've only lost one team...the Boilermakers are 6-1 and in prime position to do something great. I hope. Look, I can't go back to eating Oatmeal Cream Pies for every meal, it's just not healthy. Or attractive.

GO BOILERS!

No comments: