Thursday, October 11, 2007

Cuban Invades

"If all this goes down ... if you cut any part of my body, you can see Mavs blood and you can see Cubbies blood coming out." --Mark Cuban



Now, does that really make sense? Can a person have two different types of blood in their body? I grew up thinking Jane had AB positive and John had B negative and that they could never bleed two different types. Apparently this is not the case with Mark Cuban.

Mr. Cuban currently owns the Dallas Mavericks and is looking to make another major purchase. You got it, he wants the Cubs all to himself. He made it to a Cubs game last month and has said that the experience has made him a Cubs fan. Wow, just one game. And he's not even from Chicago. I'm not saying that you have to be from Chicago to be a Cubs fan (I'm not) but when you are promoting yourself as the No. 1 Die Hard Fan and you're from Pittsburgh, it looks a little silly. Insert blood quote.

I don't know if Cuban would be the best choice to own the team. He is known for bugging officials and creating scenes at the Mavericks games. Would he be any different in Chicago?

"Everybody thinks I'm going to be on the sidelines, in the dugout, jumping up and down. That's not where I'll be," he said on the Mike North Morning Show on radio station WSCR. "When I went to the Cubs game a couple weeks ago, I sat in the bleachers, and I'll have a seat marked out for me and my friends. We'll be out in the right-field bleachers -- that's the best place to watch a game."

Ok, ok. So, he won't be all in Piniella's face or screwing with the umpires. So he says. Can we trust this rowdy Pittsburgh native who bleeds Mav blood and now Cubbie blood? I guess we'll just have to wait and see. The sale of the team isn't expected to be completed until 2008, so we have some time. And it's not like he's the only one wanting to buy the Chicago team. Maybe he'll buy them and maybe he'll get outbid. Will he still bleed Cubbie blood if he loses the team?

This has nothing to do with Mark Cuban or anyone who is wanting to buy the Cubs but I had to give it to you. It's the Aquafina commercial with Lou Piniella that aired during the Cubs/D'backs series and it's quite comical.


4 comments:

Floyd the Barber said...

Most people don't like the idea of Cuban buying the Cubs, but I don't understand why. Cubs fans want a championship more than anything, and Cuban would give them the best chance at that. Who cares if he isn't a diehard Cubs fan? He's a business man, and will treat the team as such. The Cubs winning = more money for Cuban, so its a win all the way around. Cuban is willing to spend the money to get the players that give the team the best chance at winning. True, he might be an ass, but what does it matter if the teams winning? Just look at what he's done for the Mavs. He's turned a terrible team in to a team thats a competitor each season. I wouldn't mind seeing him buy the Bears if he got the chance.

Movie Buff 11:11 said...

I really do not want Cuban to buy the Cubs. The question most people ask me when I tell them this is "Why don't yu want Cuban, he'll buy all kinds of players?" I DON'T WANT THAT! If I wanted a team of overpaid has beens I would be a Yankees fan. Yes he would pay everybody what they want and he is an active owner, as represented by the Mavs, but he is a douche. I personally do not want the new face of the Cubs to be a giant douchebag.

DOWN WITH CUBAN!!!

Floyd the Barber said...

Cubs fans just want something to bitch about. I don't think you'd know what to do if they were actually perennial winners. People hate the Yankees because they're jealous. The team of "overpaid has beens" wins a lot. What would you bitch about if the Cubs won all the time? I will be a Cubs fan if Cuban buys the team.

Movie Buff 11:11 said...

you don't understand what it means to have a real team...i want the cubs to win by having good players come up through the farm system, not by going out and buying Gary Sheffield or A-Rod...these guys are not nearly worth the money they get paid...Then you said if Cuban was the new owner you would be a Cubs fan...THATS THE WHOLE POINT...Cuban will bring fair weather fans like yourself...You will never be a true fan because its obvious that you like to jump on bandwagons