Monday, October 22, 2007

Cleveland Doesn't Rock


Apparently any team I root for is bound to lose. Example: the Cubs, Purdue, and now the Indians. I am very sorry to all Cleveland fans because I feel like I am somewhat responsible for they're loss to Boston last night. Maybe if I hadn't promoted them, they would have hung on to their 3-1 series lead and made it into the World Series. I really wish they had. This World Series is going to be worthless for me to watch. I could really care less about both teams. I suppose Colorado fans as well as Boston fans are incredibly thrilled that their teams are in the final series but where does that leave me? A Cubs fan? Oh that's right, exactly where I'm used to. Watching my team fall out into the land of nothingness while other teams, that I have no interest in, continue dominating and finally make it into the World Series. Just tell me when it's over.

Now that I think about it, it wasn't my fault Cleveland lost. They never put in Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughn.

Cubs fans can still hope for something. Maybe Alex Rodriguez, the talented Yankee third basemen, will opt out of his contract and become a free agent. And maybe, A-Rod will want to play for Lou Piniella once again. And quite possibly, he'll stop wearing pinstripes and put on the 'ole white and blue. Hey, the Cubs have just as good a chance at acquiring Rodriguez than any other MLB team. That would definitely excite many Chicago fans, including me. I could learn to forget that he played for the Yankees.

1 comment:

voiceofreason said...

Hopefully the Cubbies can land A-Rod this offseason. They have a very good shot at it, being one of the very few franchises that could even begin to afford whatever his hefty contract would be worth. I heard on ESPN the other day that his agent is even trying to get money out of the network that broadcasts the games of whatever team he is on, saying that he increases the stations ratings (i.e. the YES network for the Yankees). It might be just me, but I don't see WGN shelling out any money to land A-Rod, no matter how good he is.