Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Baseball Shenanigans


I've always wanted to get arrested for running out on a baseball field, you know, like in the movies. Except they seem to never get arrested or in trouble at all. But in reality, if you mess with the cops at a professional baseball game, you're going to get in trouble. Period. Just ask seven Red Sox fans.

They were ordered by a judge to write a 5-page essay explaining to the court what they have learned about being arrested after a Red Sox game. This wasn't just any game, it was the one to win the American League Championship so there were bound to be some rowdy, overexcited fans in Fenway. If you're going to get arrested, make sure it's for disorderly conduct at a baseball game. That will make a good story for the children someday. You can read the whole story here.

At least no one was killed after this particular game. Apparently, a young woman was killed in 2004 by a pepper pellet fired by a cop after Boston won the AL pennant. Hopefully, cops will keep everything in line for tonight's Game 1 of the World Series. If the movie Fever Pitch told us anything about Red Sox fans, it's that they're crazy. Or maybe it's just Jimmy Fallon.

I can't help but think of the World Series and how the Cubs should be battling it out. No, I'm not saying that they deserve to be in it more than the Rockies or Red Sox, it would just be nice to have Chicago in there. I would have something to look forward to at least. You know, something to get excited about, other than my two exams and the mound of laundry staring me in the face. Oh well. Do I dare to say it? Should I even root for a team? I'll keep it inside so I don't ruin it for either teams' fans. No one needs my jinx on them tonight.

No comments: