Saturday, September 29, 2007

This Dream is Real

Just one quick word. CUBS WIN!! Ok, that's two. Two very powerful words that every Cubs fan has been waiting to hear all season.

With a 6-0 victory over Cincinnati and the Brewer's 6-3 loss to San Diego, the Cubs clinched the NL Central Division last night. Chicago is playing in October.



"These kids deserve it," manager Lou Piniella said. "They really let loose. I mean, let loose. It's good to see. They let loose a lot of emotion."

If the players let out all that emotion, just imagine what Cubs fans all over the country are feeling. I can tell you that as a fan, I could not be more excited. The Cubs in the playoffs is something that occurs in my dreams. But when I woke up this morning, the dream did not fade away to simply a fond memory. The dream is real and the Cubs are still playing. Hallelujah!

No comments: